Per-patient policies are designed for emergency medicine groups and urgent care groups, as well as other groups that are structured on a per-encounter basis. These flexible policies are more cost effective, with pricing based on the number of visits rather than the number of physicians in the group.
The per-patient model includes:
- legal expenses: $50,000 per claim / $100,000 per policy period;
- Medefense coverage;
- cyber liability coverage;
- employment practices liability coverage (EPLI);
- premises liability coverage; and
- medical director coverage.
Additional benefits include:
- customized pricing;
- incurred but not reported (IBNR) coverage for physicians no longer with the group;
- coverage of allied health care professionals;
- different limits of liability options and structures available; and
- flexible policy form.