About Lone Star
Lone Star Alliance, Inc., a risk retention group (LSA) provides medical professional liability insurance to physicians, dentists, allied health care professionals, and groups nationwide. We provide flexible, superior coverage to support groups and individual practices wherever they grow.
Rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company
LSA is an affiliated Texas Medical Liability Trust (TMLT) Company. LSA is operated by TMLT for management and administrative services and is reinsured by Texas Medical Insurance Company (TMIC).
TMLT, a health care liability claim trust governed by a physician board, is the leading provider of medical professional liability insurance in Texas. Protecting Texas physicians since 1979, TMLT retains a wealth of talent and experience in claims management and risk management.
TMIC is a wholly owned subsidiary of TMLT. LSA, TMLT, and TMIC are all rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best, the premier rating agency of insurance entities worldwide.
Together, LSA and TMLT meet the needs and exceed the expectations of the physician community. We offer a highly competitive product with excellent protection and an unwavering commitment to defend the reputations of our clients.
At a glance
- Rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best
- Reinsured by Texas Medical Insurance Company, also rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best
- Authorized to do business in 49 states. Domiciled in Washington D.C.
- Provides claims-made and occurrence policies
- Customized, flexible coverage and limits for groups and individuals
- Per patient rated policies are available
- Shared limits are available
This website is published by Lone Star Alliance, RRG — a risk retention group — for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a solicitation or sale of insurance to any person not eligible for membership.